- Lemon Coconut Cake made to recipe below
- New Gluten-free Brownies 5 squares list ingredients
- Savoury Scones 5 round scones
- Soda Bread any flour
- Home Baked Loaf bread machine not permitted
- My Favourite Dessert (men only) – supply recipe & method
- Home Made Fudge 6 squares
- Here’s One I Made Earlier from classes 68-74 For any baking items that did not turn out as expected. Entries free on the morning. A prize for the winner.
All sweet preserves [with the exception of Lemon Curd] must be filled to the top and covered with a NEW twist top only, or a waxed disc and cellophane. Lemon Curd must only be covered using a waxed disc and cellophane. Vinegar Preserves [with the exception of Relishes] must have 1/2″ headspace and only be covered with NEW solid vinegar proof tops, i.e. plastic lined twist top, and be a minimum of 2 months old. Labels to include main fruit/vegetables used with full date [day/month/year].No commercial jars or lids accepted.
- Marmalade approx 450g jar
- Fruit Jam approx 450g jar, made since July 2015
- Fruit Jelly 1 jar made since July 2015
- Lemon Curd small jar with waxed disc and cellophane top
- Chutney 1 jar
Recipe for Class 68 Lemon Coconut Cake
For the cake:
200g self-raising flour
120g butter 120ml
200g caster sugar
4 Tbsp dessicated coconut
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 or 2 tsp grated lemon peel
For the lemon icing:
3 Tbsp icing sugar
2 or 3 Tbsp lemon juice
Sprinkle with extra dessicated coconut
- Prep: 15min › Cook: 1hr › Ready in: 1hr 15min
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (350F) / gas mark 4.
- Lightly grease a 900g loaf tin.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sieve the flour and salt; add to the creamed butter mixture alternately with the milk.
- Stir in the dessicated coconut and grated lemon zest.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then remove from the tin onto a wire rack.
- Stir the lemon juice into the icing sugar to make a slightly thick (but still runny) icing to brush over the cake.
- Sprinkle more coconut over the top.